Cost of Attendance
2020-2021 Estimated First-Year Costs
|Medical Insurance Allowance||$4,398||$4,398|
|Books & Supplies||$2,000||$2,000|
|Loan Origination & Insurance Fees||$429||$429|
|Total Estimated Costs||$83,692||$85,938|
*Tuition and fees are based on the approval of the University of Pittsburgh Board of Trustees. View the guidelines for determining tuition rates. Total fees for the 2020-21 academic year include $42 disability insurance, $360 student health, $24 activity, $350 computer/network, and $180 safety/transportation. The University is reducing activity fees for the 2020-21 academic year by 20%.
**Actual Living expenses vary according to lifestyle and living arrangements.
Financing medical school can be a bit overwhelming. Our office is here to assist you in understanding how you can finance your education. Our office encourages you to be organized and timely in applying for financial aid so that we can work together in this task.
For purposes of the University’s need-based resources, the student is not viewed as financially independent of parents. Therefore, all students interested in need-based resources are required to provide both parents' information on financial aid applications. Parental information will be used to determine need-based eligibility, regardless of age or change in marital status. The University also requires a student to borrow a minimum amount of Federal Direct loans to be considered for institutional need-based scholarship resources.
The following information is required of incoming students interested in Federal Direct loans and institutional need-based resources for 2020-21:
- FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid (School Code: E00516)
- College Board Supplemental Application (CSS Profile)
- Signed Student (and Spouse) 2018 Federal Income Tax Return(s) – or Non-Filer Tax Statement
- Student (and Spouse) 2018 W2s
- Signed Parent(s) 2018 Federal Income Tax Return(s) – or Non-Filer Tax Statement
- Parent(s) 2018 W2s
- Proof of any untaxed income for student and/or parent if applicable – such as foreign income, Social Security benefits, unemployment compensation, etc.)
- Sibling/Spouse Enrollment Verification Form
**Returning students needing financial aid in subsequent years should complete the following:.
- FAFSA – Free Application for Federal Student Aid (School Code: E00516)