The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine offers an Early Decision Program (EDP). This program is intended for those applicants who are sure that the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is their first and only choice when pursuing their medical education.
In order to be considered for an early decision, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Apply as an Early Decision Applicant through AMCAS and select only the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- Complete the AMCAS application and submit all required transcripts to AMCAS by August 1.
- Applicant must take their Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) prior to July 1.
- Complete and submit the UPSOM’s supplemental application by August 31.
- All letters of recommendation must be received by August 31. A letter of recommendation from a Pre-Health Advisory Committee or three individual letters of recommendation are required to complete an application for admission to the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. While any three letters of recommendation will be accepted, it is preferred that the applicant submit three academic letters.
Early Decision applications will be reviewed as they become complete. Applicants selected for interview will be given the opportunity to schedule their interviews between mid-August and mid-September. Applicants must interview prior to September 15th. No applicants will be considered for admission without an interview. All decisions for our EDP will be made by October 1. If the applicant is not accepted for early admission, the applicant may then be considered in the regular pool of applicants by changing their AMCAS application type to regular applicant.